I received an e-mail from a friend and fellow yoga teacher with this emotional gift guide. I hope it resonates with you. May you find peace and enjoy the spirit of the season.
This holiday season let’s remember that not all gifts are wrapped in shiny paper and decorated with ribbon and bows. There are many intangible gifts we can share with those who deserve special recognition…..for who they are, what they do, and the important role they play in our lives.
Here’s a 20-item emotional gift guide which I hope will be meaningful for you in this season of celebration. Please share it with family, friends and colleagues:
– To yourself….respect, confidence and faith.
– To a friend….a heartfelt and caring spirit.
– To a family member….dedication, communication and understanding.
– To our natural world….protection and preservation.
– To a good cause….generosity and ardent advocacy.
– To a traveler….an open door of hospitality.
– To our military and first responders….honor and appreciation.
– To a customer or client….excellent service.
– To the ill and hurting….concern and healing comfort.
– To the hungry and homeless….compassion and emergency services.
– To the abused, neglected and abandoned….hope and security.
– To someone with a special challenge….recognition and acceptance.
– To the addicted and troubled….a positive path to recovery.
– To an infant and toddler….attachment, attention and safety.
– To a child and teen….patience, guidance and a good example.
– To a parent in need….a helping hand.
– To an elder, reverence….gratitude and dignified care.
– To everyone you see, friends and strangers alike….a smile and positive energy.
– To people of every age….unconditional love.
– To all the peoples of the world….justice and peace.